Gerry Weinberg, Sandler trainer from Detroit, and his business have survived multiple recessions. In order to be successful during an economic recession, it is important to choose HOW you participate in the recession and believe that it is the greatest opportunity that has ever happened. This means that prospecting never ends and that it is important to constantly be looking for new business.
In this episode, Gerry Weinberg from Detroit talks about how to survive an economic recession. He shares his experience as a Sandler trainer and explains how downturns can actually be opportunities for businesses.
Key Topics and Timestamps
- 0:00:03 - How to Succeed at Surviving an Economic Recession
- 0:02:45 - Sales in a Recession: How to Outsell Competition
- 0:04:55 - The Power of a Positive Attitude in Sales
- 0:10:09 - The Importance of Prospecting During a Recession
- 0:11:46 - How to Thrive in a Downturn
- 0:17:04 - The Recession-Proof Business Conversation: Trusted Advisor Edition
- 0:19:44 - Defining Success and Overcoming Failure
- 0:21:50 - The Importance of a Positive Attitude in Times of Economic Uncertainty
- 0:23:41 - How to Succeed in Sales During an Economic Downturn
- The key to growth is proactive networking and asking for referrals, something that salespeople traditionally avoid for personal reasons.
- In an economic recession, it is important to focus on selling to people who can buy. Time and money become more precious during a recession, so it is important to use them wisely.
Get your TICKET to join our 2023 summit: https://events.sandler.com/summit2023